LNUG is run and organised by London developers. Our commitment is to represent London's diverse community, to welcome the wider global node.js community to our busy city, and to provide a platform for node.js developers - local rising stars, newbies and experts alike - to share their expertise, to network, and spark new ideas and opportunities.
LNUG Meetup #99 LNUG on a Thursday...
🗓 Thursday, 25 May 2023
🏢 Makers Academy 5 - 25 Scrutton Street, London.EC2A 4HJ
Destroying Client-Server Barriers using TypeScript
Akash Joshi (@thewritingdev )
Could you access the Prisma client on the frontend - without revealing any environment variables? This talk goes into my experimentation with Object proxies and websockets, allowing a developer to access server-side objects on the client, with type-safety.
I'll walk through how the proxying works, the type-safety features, and everything else which makes the library works. https://rocketrpc.com
- Define a type-safe API layer on the backend
- Share objects like ORM clients with the frontend
I'm a frontend developer at Meta London, with an extreme interest in open source and building web apps for the future. I have 4 years of professional experience in total, but have been contributing via articles and open-source projects since 2016. You can find me on Twitter @thewritingdev.
This event's hosts: Makers Academy
5 - 25 Scrutton Street, London.EC2A 4HJ
At Makers, we are creating a new generation of tech talent who are skilled and ready for the changing world of work. We are inspired by the idea of discovering and unlocking potential in people for the benefit of 21st century business and society.
Get involved at LNUG! ⬡ ⬢
As a developer or a supporting company, you can help LNUG in a number of ways:
- help organise a meetup event
- speak at an LNUG meetup event
- provide a venue to host a meetup event
- sponsor catering and drinks for a meetup event
- provide videographer services to record talks
- promote and spread the word about LNUG and meetups
- contribute to our newsletter and podcast
- join the LNUG organisers and help keep things ticking
If you're interested in helping us, email [email protected] or tweet @lnugorg
Get in touch
You can find us online in a few places:
- Meetup: London Node.js User Group on Meetup
- gitHub: LNUG on gitHub
- Twitter: LNUG (@LNUGorg) on Twitter
- Discord: LNUG chat on Discord
View past LNUG talks...
LNUG has been organising node.js meetups since 2011. We have recorded most of the talks, which are available on the LNUG YouTube Channel
You can pick a talk from the thumbnails below, or read more detail on the talks archive page.